Re: Pronouncing ~n~ before j or other consonants

  • Phil
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2009
      Hello James and Nina

      > If you get the tongue in the right place for dental t/d, then a bit
      further back for c/j, and further back still for the subdotted .t/.d,
      pronounce the preceding n/~n/.n at that same spot and it will come out
      right automatically.

      > Hope this helps,

      Thank you James. I'm an English as a Second Language teacher by
      profession, so your thorough explanation was crystal clear to me.

      Thanks also Nina. That site is very helpful for isolating sounds.

      BTW, I mentionned that my links to that Dhammapada in Pali and
      English with full grammar notes (and individual word and full sentence
      pronunciation clips) were dead, but for some reason when I access
      through ATI they work. Good news for me. That is a super study aid.

      Metta,

      Phil