Re: [Pali] childers dictionary of pali

  • Jim Anderson
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 13 5:01 AM
      Dear Jadhao,

      Here's the link to the page where I downloaded my copy of Childers' A
      Dictionary of the Pali Language:

      http://books.google.ca/books?id=3R8oAAAAYAAJ&printsec=frontcover

      Click on the pdf dowwnload link near the top right of the page. Right click
      and choose "Save Target As" if you don't want the Acrobat Reader to be
      automatically launched and would prefer to save the file directly to the
      hard disk. Let me know if you can't access the page. I just checked it and
      it was accessible for me.

      Best wishes,
      Jim

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 13 6:55 AM
        Dear Jadhao

        I tried at Google Books too, but unfortunately there was no any "PDF Download" link on my screen. It might be that the options are different for US and the rest of the world users.

        BUT, there is the way you can get the file.
        Go to Internet Archive
        http://www.archive.org/details/adictionaryplil00chilgoog

        In the left column click at All Files HTTP
        and you will be in the folder where the book in different formats is avilable. Right clik at
        adictionaryplil00chilgoog.pdf file and choose "Save link as" from the context menu.

        I just take the opportunity to let you know it is possible also to download another Pali dictionary from Internet Archive. It is Rhys Davids-Stede: Pali-English dictionary (1921)
        Please use this link.
        http://www.archive.org/details/palitextsocietys00pali

        Metta
        Branko