Re: [Pali] childers dictionary of pali

  • Rajendra Jadhao
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 13, 2009
      Dear Jim,
      Kindly explain me the steps how it can be downloaded from
      books.google.com. I tried, but failed.
      Thank you,

      Jadhao

      Get a Free Account at www.mail.com

    • Jim Anderson
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 13, 2009
        Dear Jadhao,

        Here's the link to the page where I downloaded my copy of Childers' A
        Dictionary of the Pali Language:

        http://books.google.ca/books?id=3R8oAAAAYAAJ&printsec=frontcover

        Click on the pdf dowwnload link near the top right of the page. Right click
        and choose "Save Target As" if you don't want the Acrobat Reader to be
        automatically launched and would prefer to save the file directly to the
        hard disk. Let me know if you can't access the page. I just checked it and
        it was accessible for me.

        Best wishes,
        Jim

        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 13, 2009
          Dear Jadhao

          I tried at Google Books too, but unfortunately there was no any "PDF Download" link on my screen. It might be that the options are different for US and the rest of the world users.

          BUT, there is the way you can get the file.
          Go to Internet Archive
          http://www.archive.org/details/adictionaryplil00chilgoog

          In the left column click at All Files HTTP
          and you will be in the folder where the book in different formats is avilable. Right clik at
          adictionaryplil00chilgoog.pdf file and choose "Save link as" from the context menu.

          I just take the opportunity to let you know it is possible also to download another Pali dictionary from Internet Archive. It is Rhys Davids-Stede: Pali-English dictionary (1921)
          Please use this link.
          http://www.archive.org/details/palitextsocietys00pali

          Metta
          Branko