Re: New Thai Tipitaka

  • John Kelly
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2009
      Yes, I can attest that this is a very good site - even though they
      made the poor (in my opinion) decision to enforce people to use a user
      name and password. After I created mine the first time I used it, I
      think I had to wait up to about 24 hours before access was allowed.
      But now I'm able to get on easily every time. If you use a web
      browser like Firefox Mozilla, you can set it to remember your logon
      and password, and so you don't need to reenter it every time.

      The quality of the electronic Pali is very good, I've found.

      With metta,
      John
      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Hugo <eklektik@...> wrote:

      > Hello Gunnar,
      >
      > On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 3:54 PM, Gunnar Gällmo <gunnargallmo@...>
      wrote:
      > > I have just been informed that the new Thai Pali Tipitaka, that
      was introduced so emphatically some years ago, is finally available
      on-line -

      > > http://www.tipitakastudies.net
      > >
      > > However, if you enter that web-site and try to read, for example,
      the Sutta Nipata, you are met with the message: