Re: Pali Study Series H: Saddaniiti (Saddaniti) - Title

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9, 2009
      Dear Mahinda and friends,

      thank you. I have created a webpage for our Saddaniti study. You will
      get the first glimpse here:
      http://www.tipitaka.net/pali/synthesis/saddaniti.00.cdv

      I will proceed to update the page this weekend, and continue as we
      progress with our study.

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Mahinda Palihawadana wrote:

      The Sanskrit equivalent of sadda, i.e.,'sabda, is widely used in
      grammatical and philogical treatises in the sense of word as form, in
      contrast to artha (meaning). The great grammatical treatise of
      Patanjali, the Mahaabhaa"sya, calls itself a 'sabdaanu'saasana
      ("instruction on 'sabda"). The Pali grammatical terminology borrows
      heavily from its Sanskrit counterpart.