word order

  • geekiyanage shirani
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2009
      Dear pali Friends
      In Pali language is there any grammer rule about   about words order.
      Ex- Sunakho magge dhaavati/ magge dhaavati  sunakho/ dhavati sunakho magge
       Are these three sentaces correct ? or not what is the most suitable opetion.
      thanks
      with metta
      Sirani

      New Email names for you!
      Hurry before someone else does!

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2009
        Dear Sirani,
        Op 6-jan-2009, om 3:53 heeft geekiyanage shirani het volgende
        geschreven:

        > In Pali language is there any grammer rule about about words order.
        > Ex- Sunakho magge dhaavati/ magge dhaavati sunakho/ dhavati
        > sunakho magge
        -------
        N: I think the first one seems right. It can also be a matter of
        emphasizing. What is more obvious or important comes first. But I
        stand to be corrected.