Re: [Pali] Pali Study Series H: Saddaniiti (Saddaniti) - Title

  • Mahinda Palihawadana
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2009

      You are right. The Sanskrit equivalent of sadda, i.e.,'sabda, is
      widely used in grammatical and philogical treatises in the sense of
      word as form, in contrast to artha (meaning). The great grammatical
      treatise of Patanjali, the Mahaabhaa"sya, calls itself a
      'sabdaanu'saasana ("instruction on 'sabda"). The Pali grammatical
      terminology borrows heavily from its Sanskrit counterpart.

      Mahinda

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 9, 2009
        Dear Mahinda and friends,

        thank you. I have created a webpage for our Saddaniti study. You will
        get the first glimpse here:
        http://www.tipitaka.net/pali/synthesis/saddaniti.00.cdv

        I will proceed to update the page this weekend, and continue as we
        progress with our study.