Re: Pali Study Series H: Saddaniiti (Saddaniti) - Padamaalaa Pre-Start

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2009
      Dear George, Jim and all,

      thanks for your replies. For an open study group like us, we have a
      good degree of flexibility. Members can participate in the discussions
      in the way which best fit their schedules. I am glad that George will
      continue with pariccheda 2, at his own pace. In the meantime, I shall
      go on with setting up the project page on tipitaka.net, and shall
      notify you when it is ready.

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, gdbedell wrote:

      I don't have strong feelings about the best way to organize our
      efforts, other than that we should avoid wasting energy by two or more
      of us doing the same thing. For my part, I am willing to continue
      what I started with pariccheda 2. I would be hesitant to commit to
      any schedule, because how fast I can go depends on unpredictable
      factors such as the difficulty of the text, how much time I have, and
      so on.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2009
        Dear Jim and friends,

        thanks for providing the detailed contents of the text for the first
        two sections. I have a look at the CS-edition on tipitaka.org, and
        there is just the main headings of the 14 sections. I am sure the
        page/line number you have included would be handy for cross-references
        to Smith's edition.

        --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Jim Anderson wrote:

        > I would welcome any information Jim can provide about the
        > contents of the 14 paricchedas.

        I include here the ones for the first 5 paricchedas which is all I
        have typed on the computer so far.

        I. Padamaalaa. (pp. 1-314)

        1. Savikara.naakhyaatavibhaago naama pa.thamo paricchedo. 1-13

        ganthaarambhakathaa (15 gaathaa-s) 1
        dhaatu 2,5
        vikara.napaccaya-s 2,23
        1. bhuu sattaaya.m 3,26... 314,6
        sakammikaakammika dhaatu-s 3,26
        suddhakattukiriyaapada (simple agent): uddesa 3,32; niddesa 4,19
        hetukattukiriyaapada (causative): uddesa 5,18; niddesa 5,24
        kammakiriyaapada (passive): uddesa 6,19; niddesa 6,25 (incl.
        kammakattukiriyaapada)
        bhaavassa kiriyaapada (impersonal): uddesa 7,24; niddesa 7,26
        tikaaraka 10,7
        bhavatissa dhaatussa vinicchayo 11,25

        2. Bhavatikiriyaapadamaalaavibhaaga 13

        gaathaa