Re: [Pali] Re: Pali Day by Day G041 Question + Cosmic Smile

  • Jim Anderson
    Message 1 of 134 , Dec 12, 2008
      Dear Mahinda,

      Thank-you for your additional notes. I have to start getting ready to
      close up the cottage and relocate to another residence tomorrow where
      I will stay until spring, and so I haven't much time to think about a
      response.

      I think the upajaati metre applies to a stanza or a group of them and
      not to one paada alone. The Indavajiraa metre, on the other hand, can
      apply to the metre of one paada or stanzas if all the paadas have the
      same metre.

      One of the purposes of a vyaakara.na grammar is to preserve the
      canonical language. For Pali, I think it may have come too late too
      little to save the early language of the Tipitaka.

      Best wishes,
      Jim
      Message 134 of 134 , Feb 23 5:36 AM

        below is the link to NPC2 study guide, if you are looking for it.

        http://www.tipitaka.net/palicourseguide2.pdf