Re: Pali Day by Day G039 - Questions

  • flrobert2000
    Message 1 of 134 , Nov 13, 2008
      I will answer the first question. "dubbiniite" is a vocative
      singular of course and "paatesu.m" refers to Sirima as well. So here
      is the translation again:

      5. Having filled again the spoon and taken it, the female slaves of
      Uttarasaw her coming and menacing her said : "Go away, you foolish
      one, it is not suitable to pour boiled butter on our lady" ... they
      struck her and caused her to fall on the ground.

      > Dear all,
      >
      > I have the following two questions regarding exercise 15. Couls
      > anybody help me answer them.
      >
      > Kind regards,
      >
      > Florent
      >
      > Questions:
      >
      > Sentence 6:
      > Why is dubbiniite (badly trained, foolish) in the plural since it
      > refers to one person (Sirima the prostitute I suppose).
      >
      > Sentence 7:
      > I though dvaara was neuter. Why do we have "vihaaro
      sa.mvutadvaaro" in
      > the masculine and then dvaara.m in the neuter gender vivari
      Bhagavaa

      Message 134 of 134 , Feb 23, 2010

        below is the link to NPC2 study guide, if you are looking for it.

        http://www.tipitaka.net/palicourseguide2.pdf