Re: Saddanithi Grammer

  • Jon Fernquest
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 10, 2008
      Some additional notes.

      1. There is a 200 page treatise devoted to the Saddaniiti in the
      Journal of the Pali Text Society, VOlume XVII, 1992, entitled
      "Exploring the Saddaniiti."

      2. There is also a Thai script version cited in Peter Skilling's
      bibliography of Pali literature in Thailand. I can provide citation
      when I find it. This version is easy to obtain in Thailand.

      3. I believe Steven Collins new grammar takes most of its example
      sentences from the Saddaniiti under appropriate grammatical topics.
      This would seem to be an easy way to study it.

      Question: Has anyone seen a quick reference guide to Pali with tables
      that can be mechanically used for grammatical and Sandhi
      transformations like Roderick S. Bucknell's "Sanskrit Manual" ?

      With metta,
      Jon Fernquest
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 11, 2008
        Dear Jim (and Jon F),
        thank you for the info, I found the post and copied it.
        Nina.
        Op 10-nov-2008, om 22:27 heeft Jim Anderson het volgende geschreven:

        > I posted a short overview of H. Smith's edition of the Saddaniiti to
        > this list on May 10, 2003 (msg #2590). Not sure if this is what you
        > have in mind.

      • prabodhapanditharatna
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 14, 2008

          > Venerable Prabodha,
          > Jim Anderson explained to us before some parts of saddaniti.
          > and this was interesting to all. Hopefully he reads this.
          > Respectfully,
          > Nina.
          > Op 8-nov-2008, om 13:32 heeft prabodhapanditharatna het volgende
          > geschreven:
          >
          > > I'm looking for a teacher who can teach saddanithi pali grammer.
          > > With metta
          > > Prabodha

          Dear All
          Thank you for the responses.
          I found valueble information on Saddhanithi in thi discussion.
          With Metta
          Prabodha