[Pali] Help: Book store in India

  • Aditya Thakur
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 9, 2008
      Hi everybody,

      I am looking for a book in India:

      The New Pali Course -I,II & III by Ven A.P. Buddhadatta Maha Thera

      Published by Buddhist Publication Society, Ceylon.

      I don't have a credit card or an internet banking account so I will have to purchase it offline over the counter here. But I am not able to figure any book distributor in India which has this book.

      If any one has any idea about this book in India, kindly respond.

      Metta
      aditya

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 10, 2008
        Dear Aditiya,
        go to the home page, go to the green bar at the top, second from
        left, then Pali Scope, then Pali day to day, series E, some info and
        also some exercises from the book.
        <http://www.tipitaka.net/pali/palidd/>

        Nina.
        Op 10-nov-2008, om 3:45 heeft Aditya Thakur het volgende geschreven:

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 12, 2008
          Thanks for help

          I need to purchase this book. Do you know any distributor in India.

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 13, 2008
            Dear Aditya,
            Op 12-nov-2008, om 13:08 heeft Aditya Thakur het volgende geschreven:

            > need to purchase this book. Do you know any distributor in India.
            -------
            Hari Bookstore, Khan Market, New Delhi.
            A very reliable store, used to foreigners.

          • Aditya Thakur
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 13, 2008
              Thanks a lot. I will just call them and check up.

              ________________________________
              Op 12-nov-2008, om 13:08 heeft Aditya Thakur het volgende geschreven:

              > need to purchase this book. Do you know any distributor in India.
              -------
              Hari Bookstore, Khan Market, New Delhi.
              A very reliable store, used to foreigners.

            • Rajendra Jadhao
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 14, 2008
                If you are asking about book stores, here is the list

                Varanasi - Motilal Banarasi Das, Gyanmandal Publication (Hindi books on
                Pali), Chowkhambha Sanskrit Bhavan
                Hyderabad: Ganguram Book stores, New Book Shop
                Chennai: Higgin Bothoms
                Delhi : Motilal Banarasidas
                Nagpur: Venus Book Depot, Buddhabhoomi Publications (hindi and marathi
                books on Pali), Sugata Book Depot (Hindi, English and Marathi books on
                Pali)

                But most books on Pali are published by Motilal Banarasidas. Hindi-pali
                books, Buddhabhoomi Publications (nagpur), Gyanmandal Publications
                (Varanasi - books written by Dhammarakkhita, Bhante Jagadeesh Kasyapa,
                Bhandanta Ananda Kausalyayana).

                I dont know where you live. So I can give only the information about
                cities mentioned above.

                Rajendra Jadhao

                I need to purchase this book. Do you know any distributor in India.

                ________________________________
                go to the home page, go to the green bar at the top, second from
                left, then Pali Scope, then Pali day to day, series E, some info and
                also some exercises from the book.
                <http://www.tipitaka .net/pali/ palidd/>

                Nina.
                Op 10-nov-2008, om 3:45 heeft Aditya Thakur het volgende geschreven:

                > I am looking for a book in India:
                >
                > The New Pali Course -I,II & III by Ven A.P. Buddhadatta Maha Thera

                Be Yourself @ mail.com!
                Choose From 200+ Email Addresses
                Get a Free Account at www.mail.com