Re: Pali for Mahavamsa Tika online?

  • Jim Anderson
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2008
      Dear Jon,

      Sorry, I gave the wrong information. I don't know how I managed to
      get the Mahaava.msa.tiikaa confused with the
      Milinda.tiikaa but it happened. Please ignore my previous
      message. I don't know of any online Mahaava.msa.tiikaa.

      Best wishes,
      Jim

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Anderson" <jimanderson.on@...>
      wrote:

      > Dear Jon,
      >
      > > Does anyone know if the Pali text for the Mahavamsa Tika is online
      > > anywhere?
      >
      > You can find this .tiikaa on tipitaka.org. For some reason the title
      > there is spelt Milida.tiikaa. It is included under Anya:
      > Sihala-gantha-sa"ngaho. The text matches the Milinda.tiikaa, ed. by
      > P.S. Jaini. It is appended to the Milindapa~nho, ed. by V. Trenckner
      > and published by PTS. The .tiikaa takes up 73 pages in the PTS
      edition
      > which is rather small considering the size of the Mahaava.msa.
      >
      > Best wishes
      > Jim

    • Jon Fernquest
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2008
        Dear Jim;

        Thanks.
        Guess I will have to get it from the library the old fashioned way.

        With metta,
        Jon