Re: [Pali] the usage of ya.m in AN 1.1.7

  • Jim Anderson
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 14, 2008
      Dear All,

      Tzungkuen wrote:
      > Thank you for offering your informative replies. (Jim and Ole's replies
      > can be found in the Palistudy list)

      Although the Palistudy group is on Yahoo!Groups, you won't be able to access
      the messages or the homepage if you are not a member. For more information
      about the group visit:

      http://ca.geocities.com/palistudy/index.htm

      You can also download zipped files of the old messages from 2001 to 2007
      from there. I will be uploading all the messages for 2008 in January. So
      far, the discussion on this topic has been mostly centered on the "ida.m" of
      "yathayida.m". You can find an explanation of it as an indeclinable in the
      CPD s.v. aya.m. As to whether or not the case and gender of "ya.m" is
      accusative masculine, I'm not sure. I wonder if it could even be an
      indeclinable neuter like the "ida.m" that follows in the next clause and
      interpreted as "yo <saddo>".

      Best wishes,
      Jim