Re: Buddhist encyclopedia

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 11, 2008
      Dear Jon,

      yes, these wikis are well-equipped for Unicode. At present, the
      Tipitaka wiki has a very limited scope, which is to present the Pali
      Tipitaka in a wiki format, only the Tipitaka (not even the
      commentaries), only in roman Pali (no other scripts), only SLTP (which
      is available for free distribution). I spend sometime each month to
      add to it, and it is a very slow process. I welcome anyone interested
      to contact me using the site's contact page, and may then consider
      expanding the scope.

      Pali wiki is more related to our mailing list. It is on the Pali
      language, and is open to "all things Pali", just like this mailing
      list. However, just like this mailing list, it should be
      "Pali-focused, Nikaya-centric". I have not done much there yet, but
      will not stop anyone like yourself from adding new contents.

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Jon Fernquest wrote:

      > let's not forget the Tipitaka Wiki and the Pali Wiki.

      Do these Wikis take Pali unicode (with diacritics)?

      Everytime some interesting tidbit of info is given on this list I look
      it up in several of books to elaborate on the point and take notes. I
      guess I could put it with citations in these Wikis too. Is this what
      they are for?