Re: [Pali] Re: Pali Day by Day G033 - The New Pali Course Part II - Ex 12

    Message 1 of 134 , Oct 2, 2008
      Dear Mahinda,
      Op 2-okt-2008, om 7:29 heeft Mahinda Palihawadana het volgende
      geschreven:

      > The result is we have an eminently suitable sense, the kind of
      > poetical
      > conception that authors of 'pakara.nas' like this work loved to
      > indulge in:
      > mercy occupies the whole heart and so there is no space (avakaasa) for
      > greed.
      ------
      N: I did not follow the whole thread, but my eye caught: avakaasa. In
      PED it is explained that ava can stand for o, and this example is
      given: okaasa. No opportunity for greed.
      It is said that ava is the earlier form. But perhaps this was
      discussed already?

      Message 134 of 134 , Feb 23, 2010

        below is the link to NPC2 study guide, if you are looking for it.

        http://www.tipitaka.net/palicourseguide2.pdf