Re: Pali Day by Day G033 - The New Pali Course Part II - Ex 12

    Message 1 of 134 , Sep 30, 2008
      Dear Florent,

      thanks. I do agree with the spelling from CSCD: mahaakaru.naaya;
      however, I am not sure about the alternate reading: bhavatthu ta.nhaa.
      Perhaps you like to bring in the preceding text to put things in
      context. Any assistance from other members is appreciated. Thank you.

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, flrobert2000 wrote:

      Regarding exercise 10, I think the sentence contains some spelling
      mistakes. Here's what I found in the CSCD:

      "Citte mahaakaru.naaya paha.taavakaasaa" instead of "Citte
      mahaakaru.nayaa paha.taavakaasaa"

      and "Duura.m jagaama viya tassa bhavatthu ta.nhaa" instead of "Duura.m
      jagaama viya tassa hi vatthuta.nhaa."

      Then for some reason Bhudadatta translates paha.taavakaasaa as "being
      not given in place" which makes sense when one reads the text
      preceding this verse. However I have asked at least two Pali teachers
      to help me with this sentence and they couldn't give me a definite
      answer. Maybe someone in this group will be able to help us with these
      very obscure verses!
      Message 134 of 134 , Feb 23, 2010

        below is the link to NPC2 study guide, if you are looking for it.

        http://www.tipitaka.net/palicourseguide2.pdf