Re: Start from "The New Pali Course" Part I ?

  • markbyrne12001
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 19, 2008
      Hi Jessica,
      There is a pali lesson using part I. It is now on pg15.
      If the time suits you can join, it starts at 8:00am Bejing time, Mon
      and Thr.

      http://www.paligroup.org/

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, "jessicamui" <jessicamui@...> wrote:

      > Dear Friends,
      >
      > I'm new to the group and interested to learn Pali online. By reading
      > the recent posting, you're on "The New Pali Course" Part II already. Is
      > there a way that I start from the part I since I have the text book ?
      >
      > Please advise !
      >
      > Thanks a lot for your help !
      >
      > Jessica.

    • jessicamui
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 19, 2008
        --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, "markbyrne12001" <markbyrne12001@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Jessica,
        > There is a pali lesson using part I. It is now on pg15.
        > If the time suits you can join, it starts at 8:00am Bejing time, Mon
        > and Thr.
        >
        > http://www.paligroup.org/

        Dear Markbyme12001,

        Thank you very much for the information. I'll try to join.

        Metta,

        Jessica
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 19, 2008
          Dear Jessica and Mark,

          the suggested solutions to the exercises for Part I had been
          generously offered to the group by Florent. These are found in the
          group's archive, but the earliest posts may take you a bit of effort
          to track. To give you a hand:

          These solutions have also been compiled on tipitaka.net:
          http://www.tipitaka.net/pali/palidd/#E

          At the above link, you will also find a study guide for Part I.

          You may also like to use the massive guide for parts I and II, which I
          have just uploaded to http://www.tipitaka.net on the homepage. It
          currently covers up to Exercise 21 of Part II, and stands at 40 pages.
          I will progressively update the study guide, as I work through the
          book myself, to cover all 26 exercises, from now till December.