Start from "The New Pali Course" Part I ?

  • jessicamui
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 18, 2008
      Dear Friends,

      I'm new to the group and interested to learn Pali online. By reading
      the recent posting, you're on "The New Pali Course" Part II already. Is
      there a way that I start from the part I since I have the text book ?

      Please advise !

      Thanks a lot for your help !

      Jessica.
    • markbyrne12001
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 19, 2008
        Hi Jessica,
        There is a pali lesson using part I. It is now on pg15.
        If the time suits you can join, it starts at 8:00am Bejing time, Mon
        and Thr.

        http://www.paligroup.org/

        --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, "jessicamui" <jessicamui@...> wrote:

        > Dear Friends,
        >
        > I'm new to the group and interested to learn Pali online. By reading
        > the recent posting, you're on "The New Pali Course" Part II already. Is
        > there a way that I start from the part I since I have the text book ?
        >
        > Please advise !
        >
        > Thanks a lot for your help !
        >
        > Jessica.

      • jessicamui
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 19, 2008
          --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, "markbyrne12001" <markbyrne12001@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi Jessica,
          > There is a pali lesson using part I. It is now on pg15.
          > If the time suits you can join, it starts at 8:00am Bejing time, Mon
          > and Thr.
          >
          > http://www.paligroup.org/

          Dear Markbyme12001,

          Thank you very much for the information. I'll try to join.

          Metta,

          Jessica
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 19, 2008
            Dear Jessica and Mark,

            the suggested solutions to the exercises for Part I had been
            generously offered to the group by Florent. These are found in the
            group's archive, but the earliest posts may take you a bit of effort
            to track. To give you a hand:

            These solutions have also been compiled on tipitaka.net:
            http://www.tipitaka.net/pali/palidd/#E

            At the above link, you will also find a study guide for Part I.

            You may also like to use the massive guide for parts I and II, which I
            have just uploaded to http://www.tipitaka.net on the homepage. It
            currently covers up to Exercise 21 of Part II, and stands at 40 pages.
            I will progressively update the study guide, as I work through the
            book myself, to cover all 26 exercises, from now till December.