Re: The New Pali Course Part II [5-5/8]

  • ong.yongpeng
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 9 1:27 PM

      can someone please help me to translate into Pali the following
      sentence. I am stuck with the first part, "whether the young prince
      become a Buddha or a king, we will each one give a son".

      Thank you.

      2. "Whether the young prince become a Buddha or a king, we will each
      one give a son: so that if he become a Buddha, he shall be followed...
      by monks of the warrior caste."
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 10 5:43 AM

        after another read of the text, I have found the treatment for
        "whether...or" in Pali. Thanks again.

        103. The following couples of indeclinables, in the same sentence,
        give the following meanings:-

        (i) ca ... ca (both ... and)
        (ii) vaa ... vaa (whether ... or, either ... or)