Re: [Pali] do u like to learn pali

  • Julie Tan
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 22 8:28 AM
      Dear Bhante Sumana,

      I'm interested. May I know the class end by what time because is working day? I have skype account but not familiar with skype cast.

      Thanks & Regards with Metta,
      Julie

      From: Kit Baker <c417344@yahoo. com>
      To: Pali@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 1:05 PM

      I am very interested. Is it online as in a chat room setting? How many days a week is it?
      Thank you for asking me about learning pali. It is appreciated. w/metta Kit.

      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 22 4:39 PM
        The neew pali course part i and ii  sixth edition, The buddhist cultural centre, 125 Anderson Road, nedimala Dehiwala Sri lanka.tp 0094 11714256.

        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 22 6:02 PM
          Dear Bhante,

          it is a great idea to use SkypeCast to teach Pali. Unfortunately, the
          time you dominated happens to fall within my working hours, so I will
          be unable to participate.

          It would be good if yourself or members of your class can (at a later
          date) provide feedback about using SkypeCast, and share with us your
          online teaching/learning experience.

          May I also request that you provide an introduction of yourself, so
          that the group gets a formal introduction. Thank you.

          --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Sumana Athale wrote:

          i use the Skype cast for teaching. these day i teach Chinese students
          same way.if you don't know abut skype cast go to www.skype.com .i hope
          to teach two times a weak.monday and thures day abut 8 o'clock mornig
          in Beijing time.if some one sponser for the skype cast and be a
          monitor of the class i can start next monday.
        • markbyrne12001
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 22 6:56 PM
            I can do the Monday class, but on Thursday I will join the class a
            little late as i work in the morning. So if it is still going ahead I
            am ready.

            YITD
            Mark

            --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, geekiyanage shirani <gsirani@...> wrote:

            > dear friend, the class is not started. two times a weak monday and
            thuersday morning 8'oclok  in Beijing time Beijing time is +8 GMT
            diffrence. i am not going to learn because i am busy. you all have to
            orgnize a class. He teach useing Skyp cast. if you don't know go to
            www.skype.com . you can got the information abut skype cast.
            > with metta
            > sirani

          • Sumana Athale
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 22 9:27 PM
               i am Rev athale Sumana. a sri lankan buddhist monk. Now i am 35 yeaers ald.Now i am in Beijing doing MA in Buddhist philosophy.when i was in Sri Lanka i teach pali  to novise monk.
              Bant Sumana

              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 22 9:33 PM
                calss is on monday and thuersday at 8 to 9.30 Morning in Beijing time. I can't change the time because why in only morning my internet is good. evning and night The internet conction is not good. you can record the lesson and listen it agin.
                with metta

                Message 7 of 19 , Aug 22 11:48 PM
                  Thanks Bhante. I can join the class but some day I need to end early because of work.

                  with Metta,
                  Julie

                  Message 8 of 19 , Aug 23 1:59 AM
                    the calss will be on monday and thuersday morning 8 to 930 in Beijing time. but stil not sponser for the skype cast and lead the class. if some one can sponser skype cast and be a monitor of the class. then next monday i can start the class.
                    with metta
                    Bante Sumana
                    Message 9 of 19 , Aug 23 7:23 PM
                      Dear Bhante and friends,

                      thank you for your self-introduction, Bhante. And to all new members,
                      welcome to the group.

                      Bhante, you mentioned about sponsoring the SkypeCast in your mails. As
                      much as I understand, SkypeCast is free to use. One of the
                      participants will have to take the lead and schedule the twice weekly
                      audio teleconferencing.

                      Message 10 of 19 , Aug 23 7:53 PM
                        thenks. i didn't know about thet. i also don't know lot abut Skype cast. but i use it when i teach pali to Chinese student. some student made a skypecast and give others too.
                        thanks
                        with metta
                        bante Sumana