Re: [Pali] Greetings!

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 6, 2008
      Dear Dave, Hans, Lorna,
      Op 5-aug-2008, om 23:24 heeft P G Dave het volgende geschreven:

      > I looked at the pali learning pages on tipitaka.net
      > Though I installed all the recommended vriromanpali fonts, I still see
      > characters like "?" and other junk characters.
      ------
      N: I have an IMac and it depends on the computer. I had no trouble
      using this:
      <http://www.tipitaka.org/ >
      I am interested to know whether you have success. Otherwise Yong Peng
      may help you.

      The da Sila Grammar is on line , to be found in the home page of this
      list under pali scape ( green bar on top, second to left), drop down
      menu, Pali day by day. I just used it.
      <http://www.tipitaka.net/pali/palidd/>

    • P G Dave
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 6, 2008
        It finally worked, Nina, after I closed my browser and re-opened it.
        Thanks.

        On 8/6/08, Nina van Gorkom <vangorko@...> wrote:

        > Dear Dave, Hans, Lorna,
        > Op 5-aug-2008, om 23:24 heeft P G Dave het volgende geschreven:
        >
        > > I looked at the pali learning pages on tipitaka.net
        > > Though I installed all the recommended vriromanpali fonts, I still see
        > > characters like "?" and other junk characters.
        > ------
        > N: I have an IMac and it depends on the computer. I had no trouble
        > using this:
        > <http://www.tipitaka.org/ >
        > I am interested to know whether you have success. Otherwise Yong Peng
        > may help you.
        >
        > The da Sila Grammar is on line , to be found in the home page of this
        > list under pali scape ( green bar on top, second to left), drop down
        > menu, Pali day by day. I just used it.
        > <http://www.tipitaka.net/pali/palidd/>
        >
        > Nina.

      • Patrick Hall
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 6, 2008
          Hello,

          I have found this version of De Silva's book amenable:

          http://www.pratyeka.org/Silva/

          It's a pdf file, so fonts are not a problem. And at 50 pages (two
          sheets per page) is quite reasonable to print a copy; if you have
          access to a double-sided printer it would come out to just 25 sheets
          for the whole 100-page text.

          metta

          Pat
        • ong.yongpeng
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 10, 2008
            Dear Nina, Dave, Hans and Lorna,

            tipitaka.net supports the Unicode standard, and I am in the process of
            updating the rest of the site to offer the dual support of Unicode and
            Velthuis.