Re: [Pali] Greetings!

  • P G Dave
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 5, 2008

      I looked at the pali learning pages on tipitaka.net
      Though I installed all the recommended vriromanpali fonts, I still see
      characters like "?" and other junk characters.

      kindly help to resolve this.

      Thanks.
      PG
      ____________________________________

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 6, 2008
        Dear Dave, Hans, Lorna,
        Op 5-aug-2008, om 23:24 heeft P G Dave het volgende geschreven:

        > I looked at the pali learning pages on tipitaka.net
        > Though I installed all the recommended vriromanpali fonts, I still see
        > characters like "?" and other junk characters.
        ------
        N: I have an IMac and it depends on the computer. I had no trouble
        using this:
        <http://www.tipitaka.org/ >
        I am interested to know whether you have success. Otherwise Yong Peng
        may help you.

        The da Sila Grammar is on line , to be found in the home page of this
        list under pali scape ( green bar on top, second to left), drop down
        menu, Pali day by day. I just used it.
        <http://www.tipitaka.net/pali/palidd/>

      • P G Dave
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 6, 2008
          It finally worked, Nina, after I closed my browser and re-opened it.
          Thanks.

          On 8/6/08, Nina van Gorkom <vangorko@...> wrote:

          > Dear Dave, Hans, Lorna,
          > Op 5-aug-2008, om 23:24 heeft P G Dave het volgende geschreven:
          >
          > > I looked at the pali learning pages on tipitaka.net
          > > Though I installed all the recommended vriromanpali fonts, I still see
          > > characters like "?" and other junk characters.
          > ------
          > N: I have an IMac and it depends on the computer. I had no trouble
          > using this:
          > <http://www.tipitaka.org/ >
          > I am interested to know whether you have success. Otherwise Yong Peng
          > may help you.
          >
          > The da Sila Grammar is on line , to be found in the home page of this
          > list under pali scape ( green bar on top, second to left), drop down
          > menu, Pali day by day. I just used it.
          > <http://www.tipitaka.net/pali/palidd/>
          >
          > Nina.

        • Patrick Hall
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 6, 2008
            Hello,

            I have found this version of De Silva's book amenable:

            http://www.pratyeka.org/Silva/

            It's a pdf file, so fonts are not a problem. And at 50 pages (two
            sheets per page) is quite reasonable to print a copy; if you have
            access to a double-sided printer it would come out to just 25 sheets
            for the whole 100-page text.

            metta

            Pat
          • ong.yongpeng
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 10, 2008
              Dear Nina, Dave, Hans and Lorna,

              tipitaka.net supports the Unicode standard, and I am in the process of
              updating the rest of the site to offer the dual support of Unicode and
              Velthuis.