Greetings to the Pali Sangha!

  • Lorna
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2008
      This will be so exciting! I am very glad to have found you. To read and (maybe) speak in Pali- is it still spoken?

      I have been practicing for two years. I originally joined a Zen temple, but somehow it didn't resonate for me. So I am going to a Kagyu temple not far from home- I always knew in my heart things Tibetan are me. (I'm even adopting a Tibetan mastiff next week!)

      I am absolutely an animal lover, rescuer, care-taker for others and vehemently opposed to chaining. I am a vegan and I read every Buddhist book from every tradition and/or lineage I can find. I volunteer for the local animal shelter, and after retiring, I am back at college studying accounting. I figure I can do accounting free for Buddhist groups who cannot afford it. And animal shelters, too.

      Please tell me which texts I should buy at the present or where I can download them. I saw the list, but it's long! Do I need them all now?

      I will be thrilled to meet and speak with you all. Take good care of yourselves.

      With metta,
      Lorna

                            "Present day animals may have been one's kin in the past; one's own parents or relatives may be reborn as an animal; there is no logic in exempting some meats; meat is impure, it is contaminated by body wastes; the prospect of being killed spreads terror amoung animals; all meat is nothing but carrion (decaying flesh); eating meat makes the consumer cruel and sensual; man is not a carnivore by nature."Shakyamuni Buddha in the Lankavatara Sutra