Re: [Pali] dhammacakka word analysis

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 16, 2008
      Bhante,

      I only have the Satipatthana Sutta and the Anapanasati Sutta in word-by-word

      trilinear. Let me know if you need these.

      With metta,

      Piya

      On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 6:19 AM, Sujato Bhikkhu <sujato@...> wrote:

      > Dear all,
      >
      > I was wondering whether anyone knew of a word-by word analysis of the
      > Dhammacakkappavattanasutta, as well as the Anattalakkhana and
      > Adittapariyaya
      > Suttas? I'm thinking of something similar to what was done in Rune
      > Johansson's Pali Buddhist Texts for the Beginner. Any help would be
      > appreciated. We're chanting these suttas for the vassa and our students are
      > keen to expand their vocab.
      >
      > metta
      >
      > Bhante Sujato
      >
      > --
      > Santi Forest Monastery
      > Lot 6 Coalmines Road
      > (PO Box 132)
      > Bundanoon
      > NSW 2578 Australia
      >
      > t: +61 (0)2 4883 6331
      > f: +61 (0)2 8572 8286
      >
      > http://santifm1.0.googlepages.com/
      > http://www.suttacentral.net/
      > http://asaweb1.googlepages.com/
      > http://sectsandsectarianism.googlepages.com/
      > http://beginnings.endings.googlepages.com/home
      > http://ekottara.googlepages.com/home

      The Minding Centre
      Singapore 650644
      Tel: 8211 0879
      Website: dharmafarer.googlepages.com

    • freeyow
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 16, 2008
        --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, "Sujato Bhikkhu" <sujato@...> wrote:

        > Dear all,
        >
        > I was wondering whether anyone knew of a word-by word analysis of
        the
        > Dhammacakkappavattanasutta, as well as the Anattalakkhana and
        Adittapariyaya
        > Suttas? I'm thinking of something similar to what was done in Rune
        > Johansson's Pali Buddhist Texts for the Beginner. Any help would be
        > appreciated. We're chanting these suttas for the vassa and our
        students are
        > keen to expand their vocab.
        >
        > metta
        >
        > Bhante Sujato
        >
        > --
        > Santi Forest Monastery
        > Lot 6 Coalmines Road
        > (PO Box 132)
        > Bundanoon
        > NSW 2578 Australia
        >
        > t: +61 (0)2 4883 6331
        > f: +61 (0)2 8572 8286
        >
        > http://santifm1.0.googlepages.com/
        > http://www.suttacentral.net/
        > http://asaweb1.googlepages.com/
        > http://sectsandsectarianism.googlepages.com/
        > http://beginnings.endings.googlepages.com/home
        > http://ekottara.googlepages.com/home

        Dear Bhante,

        In our monastery here(Sukhavana Meditation Monastery, Malaysia), we
        are chanting eevry night by following the Dhammayut Chanting Book,
        which contains the English translation word by word for the
        Dhammacakkapavatana sutta & Anatta Lakhana sutta.Not sure whether it
        could be helped or not.

        With metta,
        Yow
      • geekiyanage shirani
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 16, 2008
          thanks lot. can you send them to me
          with metta
          sirani

          On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 6:19 AM, Sujato Bhikkhu <sujato@gmail. com> wrote:

          > Dear all,
          >
          > I was wondering whether anyone knew of a word-by word analysis of the
          > Dhammacakkappavatta nasutta, as well as the Anattalakkhana and
          > Adittapariyaya
          > Suttas? I'm thinking of something similar to what was done in Rune
          > Johansson's Pali Buddhist Texts for the Beginner. Any help would be
          > appreciated. We're chanting these suttas for the vassa and our students are
          > keen to expand their vocab.
          >
          > metta
          >
          > Bhante Sujato
          >
          > --
          > Santi Forest Monastery
          > Lot 6 Coalmines Road
          > (PO Box 132)
          > Bundanoon
          > NSW 2578 Australia
          >
          > t: +61 (0)2 4883 6331
          > f: +61 (0)2 8572 8286
          >
          > http://santifm1. 0.googlepages. com/
          > http://www.suttacen tral.net/
          > http://asaweb1. googlepages. com/
          > http://sectsandsect arianism. googlepages. com/
          > http://beginnings. endings.googlepa ges.com/home
          > http://ekottara. googlepages. com/home

          The Minding Centre
          Singapore 650644
          Tel: 8211 0879
          Meditation courses & therapy: http://themindingce ntre.googlepages .com
          Website: dharmafarer. googlepages. com

        • Bhante Sujato
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 17, 2008
            Dear Piya,

            --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, "Piya Tan" <dharmafarer@...> wrote:

            > Bhante,
            >
            > I only have the Satipatthana Sutta and the Anapanasati Sutta in
            word-by-word

            > trilinear. Let me know if you need these.

            Thanks, that would be great... but still looking...

            I've recommended to our Pali students that they learn the first three
            suttas as a foundation, hopefully over this vassa, as they cover much
            of the basic doctrinal vocabulary.

            metta

            Bhante Sujato