dhammacakka word analysis

  • Sujato Bhikkhu
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 16, 2008
      Dear all,

      I was wondering whether anyone knew of a word-by word analysis of the
      Dhammacakkappavattanasutta, as well as the Anattalakkhana and Adittapariyaya
      Suttas? I'm thinking of something similar to what was done in Rune
      Johansson's Pali Buddhist Texts for the Beginner. Any help would be
      appreciated. We're chanting these suttas for the vassa and our students are
      keen to expand their vocab.

      metta

      Bhante Sujato

      --
      Santi Forest Monastery
      Lot 6 Coalmines Road

      t: +61 (0)2 4883 6331
      f: +61 (0)2 8572 8286

      http://santifm1.0.googlepages.com/
      http://www.suttacentral.net/
      http://asaweb1.googlepages.com/
      http://sectsandsectarianism.googlepages.com/
      http://beginnings.endings.googlepages.com/home
      http://ekottara.googlepages.com/home

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 16, 2008
        Bhante,

        I only have the Satipatthana Sutta and the Anapanasati Sutta in word-by-word

        trilinear. Let me know if you need these.

        With metta,

        Piya

        On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 6:19 AM, Sujato Bhikkhu <sujato@...> wrote:

        > Dear all,
        >
        > I was wondering whether anyone knew of a word-by word analysis of the
        > Dhammacakkappavattanasutta, as well as the Anattalakkhana and
        > Adittapariyaya
        > Suttas? I'm thinking of something similar to what was done in Rune
        > Johansson's Pali Buddhist Texts for the Beginner. Any help would be
        > appreciated. We're chanting these suttas for the vassa and our students are
        > keen to expand their vocab.
        >
        > metta
        >
        > Bhante Sujato
        >
        > --
        > Santi Forest Monastery
        > Lot 6 Coalmines Road
        > (PO Box 132)
        > Bundanoon
        > NSW 2578 Australia
        >
        > t: +61 (0)2 4883 6331
        > f: +61 (0)2 8572 8286
        >
        > http://santifm1.0.googlepages.com/
        > http://www.suttacentral.net/
        > http://asaweb1.googlepages.com/
        > http://sectsandsectarianism.googlepages.com/
        > http://beginnings.endings.googlepages.com/home
        > http://ekottara.googlepages.com/home

        The Minding Centre
        Singapore 650644
        Tel: 8211 0879
        Website: dharmafarer.googlepages.com

      • freeyow
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 16, 2008
          --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, "Sujato Bhikkhu" <sujato@...> wrote:

          > Dear all,
          >
          > I was wondering whether anyone knew of a word-by word analysis of
          the
          > Dhammacakkappavattanasutta, as well as the Anattalakkhana and
          Adittapariyaya
          > Suttas? I'm thinking of something similar to what was done in Rune
          > Johansson's Pali Buddhist Texts for the Beginner. Any help would be
          > appreciated. We're chanting these suttas for the vassa and our
          students are
          > keen to expand their vocab.
          >
          > metta
          >
          > Bhante Sujato
          >
          > --
          > Santi Forest Monastery
          > Lot 6 Coalmines Road
          > (PO Box 132)
          > Bundanoon
          > NSW 2578 Australia
          >
          > t: +61 (0)2 4883 6331
          > f: +61 (0)2 8572 8286
          >
          > http://santifm1.0.googlepages.com/
          > http://www.suttacentral.net/
          > http://asaweb1.googlepages.com/
          > http://sectsandsectarianism.googlepages.com/
          > http://beginnings.endings.googlepages.com/home
          > http://ekottara.googlepages.com/home

          Dear Bhante,

          In our monastery here(Sukhavana Meditation Monastery, Malaysia), we
          are chanting eevry night by following the Dhammayut Chanting Book,
          which contains the English translation word by word for the
          Dhammacakkapavatana sutta & Anatta Lakhana sutta.Not sure whether it
          could be helped or not.

          With metta,
          Yow
        • geekiyanage shirani
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 16, 2008
            thanks lot. can you send them to me
            with metta
            sirani

            On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 6:19 AM, Sujato Bhikkhu <sujato@gmail. com> wrote:

            > Dear all,
            >
            > I was wondering whether anyone knew of a word-by word analysis of the
            > Dhammacakkappavatta nasutta, as well as the Anattalakkhana and
            > Adittapariyaya
            > Suttas? I'm thinking of something similar to what was done in Rune
            > Johansson's Pali Buddhist Texts for the Beginner. Any help would be
            > appreciated. We're chanting these suttas for the vassa and our students are
            > keen to expand their vocab.
            >
            > metta
            >
            > Bhante Sujato
            >
            > --
            > Santi Forest Monastery
            > Lot 6 Coalmines Road
            > (PO Box 132)
            > Bundanoon
            > NSW 2578 Australia
            >
            > t: +61 (0)2 4883 6331
            > f: +61 (0)2 8572 8286
            >
            > http://santifm1. 0.googlepages. com/
            > http://www.suttacen tral.net/
            > http://asaweb1. googlepages. com/
            > http://sectsandsect arianism. googlepages. com/
            > http://beginnings. endings.googlepa ges.com/home
            > http://ekottara. googlepages. com/home

            The Minding Centre
            Singapore 650644
            Tel: 8211 0879
            Meditation courses & therapy: http://themindingce ntre.googlepages .com
            Website: dharmafarer. googlepages. com

          • Bhante Sujato
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 17, 2008
              Dear Piya,

              --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, "Piya Tan" <dharmafarer@...> wrote:

              > Bhante,
              >
              > I only have the Satipatthana Sutta and the Anapanasati Sutta in
              word-by-word

              > trilinear. Let me know if you need these.

              Thanks, that would be great... but still looking...

              I've recommended to our Pali students that they learn the first three
              suttas as a foundation, hopefully over this vassa, as they cover much
              of the basic doctrinal vocabulary.

              metta

              Bhante Sujato