Re: [Pali] help with translation?

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 20, 2008
      Dear Johnny,
      Op 19-jun-2008, om 1:10 heeft johnny pruitt het volgende geschreven:

      > Also, could iddhimant be used adverbially instead of an adjective
      > by adding the suffix -a.m
      --------
      N: i.t.tha.m dhamma.m anuppatto iddhimanta.m namamiha.m.

      Thank you for reminding me of adverbial use, the neutre form of an
      adjective.
      Namamiha.m is still a puzzle, I do not think that iha.m is aha.m. Iha
      can mean: indeed.
      --------
      I.t.tho sabba~n~nuta~ n~na.na.m icchanto asavakkhaya. m
      -------
      Noble is his wishing for omniscience and the destruction of the
      fermentations.

      > i.t.tha.m dhamma.m anuppatto iddhimanta.m namamiha.m.
      --------
      Having reached the noble Dhamma, with success, this should be honoured.
      ---------