5 ascetics

  • johnny pruitt
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 8, 2008
      Dear group,
      What were the names of the five ascetics that Buddha addressed his first sermon to. Can there names be translated into English? i am trying to piece together a numerical order of the first ordinations under the buddha and a small story behind them. If anyone could direct me to a website that would have info it would be much appreciated.

      Thanks Johnny Pruitt

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 9, 2008
        Dear Johnny,
        Op 8-jun-2008, om 23:01 heeft johnny pruitt het volgende geschreven:

        > What were the names of the five ascetics that Buddha addressed his
        > first sermon to. Can there names be translated into English?
        -----
        N: A~n~nakonda~n~na, Bhaddiya, Vappa, Assaji, Mahaanaama.

      • P G Dave
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 9, 2008
          "A~n~nakonda~n~na, Bhaddiya, Vappa, Assaji, Mahaanaama. Nina."

          That makes six of them :-)

          On 6/9/08, Nina van Gorkom <vangorko@...> wrote:

          > Dear Johnny,
          > Op 8-jun-2008, om 23:01 heeft johnny pruitt het volgende geschreven:
          >
          > > What were the names of the five ascetics that Buddha addressed his
          > > first sermon to. Can there names be translated into English?
          > -----
          > N: A~n~nakonda~n~na, Bhaddiya, Vappa, Assaji, Mahaanaama.
          > Nina.

        • geekiyanage shirani
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 10, 2008
            it isn't nessary to translate in to English. These are names

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 11, 2008
              Thanks for the reply guys that really helps
              johnny