Re: [Pali] Re: hackers

  • Jon Fernquest
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 2008
      "This is a very good step to setting up a community
      based site."

      What did they do?
      How was the site vulnerable?
      Is there anything that community members can do to
      help?

      [BTW your Buddhadatta New Pali course materials are
      invaluable. I purchased all of Buddhadata's books and
      they seem like the clearest and simplest exposition of
      the basics of Pali there is. He sure was a genius of a
      teacher.]

      With metta,
      Jon Fernquest
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 8, 2008
        Dear Jon,

        certain parts of the tipitaka.net site were replaced by a "hacked
        page". All websites are vulnerable to hacking, but there are a few
        things which I may have to check.

        At the moment, the group's activity is limited to this mailing list
        (there is also a bulletin board not very much active). Group members
        can notify me of any obvious hacking through this list, so that other
        members are also notified at the same time.