Re: [Pali] Re: hackers

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 2008
      everything is O.K. now. Thank you.
      Nina.
      Op 6-jun-2008, om 12:26 heeft Ong Yong Peng het volgende geschreven:

      > thanks for alerting the group, Nina. This is a very good step to
      > setting up a community based site. All the affected pages should have
      > been restored now.

    • Jon Fernquest
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 6, 2008
        "This is a very good step to setting up a community
        based site."

        What did they do?
        How was the site vulnerable?
        Is there anything that community members can do to
        help?

        [BTW your Buddhadatta New Pali course materials are
        invaluable. I purchased all of Buddhadata's books and
        they seem like the clearest and simplest exposition of
        the basics of Pali there is. He sure was a genius of a
        teacher.]

        With metta,
        Jon Fernquest
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 8, 2008
          Dear Jon,

          certain parts of the tipitaka.net site were replaced by a "hacked
          page". All websites are vulnerable to hacking, but there are a few
          things which I may have to check.

          At the moment, the group's activity is limited to this mailing list
          (there is also a bulletin board not very much active). Group members
          can notify me of any obvious hacking through this list, so that other
          members are also notified at the same time.