Re: hackers

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 2008
      Dear Nina and friends,

      thanks for alerting the group, Nina. This is a very good step to
      setting up a community based site. All the affected pages should have
      been restored now.

      I have also informed the relevant parties to make some investigation
      into the matter. I regard hacking as a form of terrorism on the web,
      and do not negotiate with hackers.

      I do not dare to open anymore the drop down menus until you say that
      is it O.K.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 6, 2008
        everything is O.K. now. Thank you.
        Nina.
        Op 6-jun-2008, om 12:26 heeft Ong Yong Peng het volgende geschreven:

        > thanks for alerting the group, Nina. This is a very good step to
        > setting up a community based site. All the affected pages should have
        > been restored now.

      • Jon Fernquest
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 6, 2008
          "This is a very good step to setting up a community
          based site."

          What did they do?
          How was the site vulnerable?
          Is there anything that community members can do to
          help?

          [BTW your Buddhadatta New Pali course materials are
          invaluable. I purchased all of Buddhadata's books and
          they seem like the clearest and simplest exposition of
          the basics of Pali there is. He sure was a genius of a
          teacher.]

          With metta,
          Jon Fernquest
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 8, 2008
            Dear Jon,

            certain parts of the tipitaka.net site were replaced by a "hacked
            page". All websites are vulnerable to hacking, but there are a few
            things which I may have to check.

            At the moment, the group's activity is limited to this mailing list
            (there is also a bulletin board not very much active). Group members
            can notify me of any obvious hacking through this list, so that other
            members are also notified at the same time.