hackers

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5, 2008

      I do not dare to open anymore the drop down menus until you say that
      is it O.K.
      I wrote to your personal address but I do not know whether you got my
      message about the hackers in Dhammapada, etc. .
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 6, 2008
        Dear Nina and friends,

        thanks for alerting the group, Nina. This is a very good step to
        setting up a community based site. All the affected pages should have
        been restored now.

        I have also informed the relevant parties to make some investigation
        into the matter. I regard hacking as a form of terrorism on the web,
        and do not negotiate with hackers.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 6, 2008
          everything is O.K. now. Thank you.
          Nina.
          Op 6-jun-2008, om 12:26 heeft Ong Yong Peng het volgende geschreven:

          > thanks for alerting the group, Nina. This is a very good step to
          > setting up a community based site. All the affected pages should have
          > been restored now.

        • Jon Fernquest
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 6, 2008
            "This is a very good step to setting up a community
            based site."

            What did they do?
            How was the site vulnerable?
            Is there anything that community members can do to
            help?

            [BTW your Buddhadatta New Pali course materials are
            invaluable. I purchased all of Buddhadata's books and
            they seem like the clearest and simplest exposition of
            the basics of Pali there is. He sure was a genius of a
            teacher.]

            With metta,
            Jon Fernquest
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 8, 2008
              Dear Jon,

              certain parts of the tipitaka.net site were replaced by a "hacked
              page". All websites are vulnerable to hacking, but there are a few
              things which I may have to check.

              At the moment, the group's activity is limited to this mailing list
              (there is also a bulletin board not very much active). Group members
              can notify me of any obvious hacking through this list, so that other
              members are also notified at the same time.