Group database

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 7, 2008

      I have always wanted to create a list of all the sutta translation
      exercises we have undertaken. Due to a lack of time, this task has
      been shelved for quite a while.

      After deliberate considerations, I decided that the task may as well
      be a group's project. As such, I have created a table in the group
      database.

      As part of Yahoo!'s policy, the group's database is a member-only
      feature. I have set it to the "open-user" option, which allows members
      to access the table and add records. To do so, a member will require a
      Yahoo! login, which is another Yahoo! policy.

      Please use this table to enter the group's Pali-to-English sutta
      translations only, not links to external sites, or any other messages
      in the archive.

      Once completed, the table can be downloaded as a csv document.

      I look forward to members voluntarily making entries to the table, and
      also making good use of it in the not very distant future. Thank you.

    • johan wijaya
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 10, 2008

        Is it ok to list the Pali-Latin--English translation(s) that were asked the other time? As these translations are not in the 'sutta translation exercises' like you mentioned, I encourage myself to ask before adding the record.
        Thanks.

        With Metta,
        Jo.

        Ong Yong Peng <pali.smith@...> wrote: Dear friends,

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 11, 2008
          Dear Jo,

          yes, I consider such attempts as an exercise for us, even though they
          may not be explicitly titled as exercises. As long as there is Pali
          original text, followed by the English translation done by the group,
          i.e. not copied from existing translations, it qualifies for the
          database. This database table serves as a quick reference to
          translations not found "elsewhere".

          Please only enter the first mail of the thread, not all the replies to
          the original mail. Thank you.