Re: Maghamanavaka Jataka?

  • dkotschessa
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 31, 2008
      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, "Jon Fernquest" <bayinnaung@...> wrote:

      > Dave wrote; "I'm not sure if I'm less confused (Which I guess
      means I
      > am still confused)."
      >
      > Confused at one level but clear on a more basic level, seems to be
      the
      > most reasonable goal, at least for me.

      Or maybe the more knowledge we gain, the more we are humbled by what
      we don't know.

      > To be a good moral life according to Buddhist principles, all the
      > essential texts have already been translated very accurately and
      > poetically into English by experts. IMHO The children's versions of
      > Jatakas actually make them the clearest.

      This is certainly true. They are very charming as well. But you
      know how some people are (I think it's not just me) when it comes to
      wanting to go to the "source."

      > Hope I haven't made things worse, but the Tipitaka is so big that
      some
      > confusion seems natural. Thanks for the list of questions you
      > presented. I started making a similar one for all the possible
      > meanings of the locative case.

      Did that list look accurate to you? I didn't see any objections to
      it, so I will probably go ahead and start using it in input easy.

      -DaveK