Dhammapada pali audio

  • Fabrizio Rondolino
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 6, 2008
      Hi everybody!
      I'm looking for a full Dhammapada read in Pali, possibly with no music or any other 'tratment'
      - just the right Pali pronunciation.
      Thank you very much for your help!

      Fabrizio
    • Branislav Kovacevic
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 7, 2008
        Dear Fabrizio,

        you may try this page.
        http://ccbs.ntu.edu.tw/DBLM/olcourse/pali/reading/gatha1.htm

        You'll find full grammatical analysis of the each verse
        and at the bottom of the page link to its audio recording.

        Enjoy.

        Branko

        Fabrizio Rondolino <frondolino@...> wrote: Hi everybody!
        I'm looking for a full Dhammapada read in Pali, possibly with no music or any other 'tratment'
        - just the right Pali pronunciation.
        Thank you very much for your help!

        Fabrizio

      • Nicki Karu

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 29, 2008
            You can get it from weragodas@...

            I'm looking for a full Dhammapada read in Pali, possibly with no music or any other 'tratment'
            - just the right Pali pronunciation.
            Thank you very much for your help!

            Fabrizio

            Get the latest celebrity gossip - Yahoo! Singapore Search.
            http://sg.search.yahoo.com/search?p=celebrity+gossip&cs=bz&fr=fp-top

          • geekiyanage shirani
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 29, 2008
              Subhantevaadhimutto hoti,
              ayaṃ tatiyo vimokkho. how to break Subhanteva acording to pali grammar. give a exact explanation of each word

              From: Fabrizio Rondolino <frondolino@yahoo. it>

              To: Pali@yahoogroups. com

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 1, 2008
                Dear Shirani,

                subha.m eva adhimutto hoti aya.m tatiyo vimokkho
                being subjected so to goodness, this the third vimokkha (literally)

                --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, geekiyanage shirani wrote:

                Subhantevaadhimutto hoti, ayaṃ tatiyo vimokkho. how to break
                Subhanteva acording to pali grammar. give a exact explanation of each word
              • fcckuan
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 29, 2010
                  Doing a web search for pali pronunciation sound file, I found a few files of interest.

                  http://aimwell.org/assets/Pali.zip contains hundreds of pali words spoken by Bhikkhu Mettavihārī , a pali scholar, it's about 4Mb long. What a fantastic resource!

                  On our pali files section, I see what appears to be a 2Mb version of the same zip posted by grasje. Is it just a lower resolution of the the above archive?

                  What do the pali experts here think of Ven. Mettavihārī's pronunciation? If there's a better audio resource, please share. Otherwise, for now I'm using it as my main reference for pronouncing pali correctly.

                  Is there an existing recitation of Dhammapada without music with clear and proper pali pronunciation? I didn't see a link in the msg quoted below.

                  -Frank