Re: [Pali] Re: Plan 2008

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 2, 2008
      just a remark about the homepage. There is a red line at the top, but
      newcomers may not know that you have to put the cursor on the second
      bar from left at the top to have the dropdown menue of Pali scape. I
      find the drop down a very good system and cleverly done, but one has
      to know. The date is given in white letters on the red line and this
      is clearer.
      Nina.
      Op 2-mrt-2008, om 3:58 heeft Ong Yong Peng het volgende geschreven:

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 7, 2008

        I have always wanted to create a list of all the sutta translation
        exercises we have undertaken. Due to a lack of time, this task has
        been shelved for quite a while.

        After deliberate considerations, I decided that the task may as well
        be a group's project. As such, I have created a table in the group
        database.

        As part of Yahoo!'s policy, the group's database is a member-only
        feature. I have set it to the "open-user" option, which allows members
        to access the table and add records. To do so, a member will require a
        Yahoo! login, which is another Yahoo! policy.

        Please use this table to enter the group's Pali-to-English sutta
        translations only, not links to external sites, or any other messages
        in the archive.

        Once completed, the table can be downloaded as a csv document.

        I look forward to members voluntarily making entries to the table, and
        also making good use of it in the not very distant future. Thank you.

      • johan wijaya
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 10, 2008

          Is it ok to list the Pali-Latin--English translation(s) that were asked the other time? As these translations are not in the 'sutta translation exercises' like you mentioned, I encourage myself to ask before adding the record.
          Thanks.

          With Metta,
          Jo.

          Ong Yong Peng <pali.smith@...> wrote: Dear friends,

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 11, 2008
            Dear Jo,

            yes, I consider such attempts as an exercise for us, even though they
            may not be explicitly titled as exercises. As long as there is Pali
            original text, followed by the English translation done by the group,
            i.e. not copied from existing translations, it qualifies for the
            database. This database table serves as a quick reference to
            translations not found "elsewhere".

            Please only enter the first mail of the thread, not all the replies to
            the original mail. Thank you.