Re: Plan 2008

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2008
      Dear Nina,

      thank you. And I look forward to your participation in future discussions.

      thank you for outlining a plan for this year. Always good to do
      outlines like this.
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 2, 2008
        Dear Yong Peng,
        just a remark about the homepage. There is a red line at the top, but
        newcomers may not know that you have to put the cursor on the second
        bar from left at the top to have the dropdown menue of Pali scape. I
        find the drop down a very good system and cleverly done, but one has
        to know. The date is given in white letters on the red line and this
        is clearer.
        Nina.
        Op 2-mrt-2008, om 3:58 heeft Ong Yong Peng het volgende geschreven:

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 7 6:18 AM
          Dear friends,

          I have always wanted to create a list of all the sutta translation
          exercises we have undertaken. Due to a lack of time, this task has
          been shelved for quite a while.

          After deliberate considerations, I decided that the task may as well
          be a group's project. As such, I have created a table in the group
          database.

          As part of Yahoo!'s policy, the group's database is a member-only
          feature. I have set it to the "open-user" option, which allows members
          to access the table and add records. To do so, a member will require a
          Yahoo! login, which is another Yahoo! policy.

          Please use this table to enter the group's Pali-to-English sutta
          translations only, not links to external sites, or any other messages
          in the archive.

          Once completed, the table can be downloaded as a csv document.

          I look forward to members voluntarily making entries to the table, and
          also making good use of it in the not very distant future. Thank you.

        • johan wijaya
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 10 9:34 PM
            Dear Yong Peng,

            Is it ok to list the Pali-Latin--English translation(s) that were asked the other time? As these translations are not in the 'sutta translation exercises' like you mentioned, I encourage myself to ask before adding the record.
            Thanks.

            With Metta,
            Jo.

            Ong Yong Peng <pali.smith@...> wrote: Dear friends,

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 11 2:48 PM
              Dear Jo,

              yes, I consider such attempts as an exercise for us, even though they
              may not be explicitly titled as exercises. As long as there is Pali
              original text, followed by the English translation done by the group,
              i.e. not copied from existing translations, it qualifies for the
              database. This database table serves as a quick reference to
              translations not found "elsewhere".

              Please only enter the first mail of the thread, not all the replies to
              the original mail. Thank you.