Saying of the Blessed one

  • duriank24
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2008
      Dear Learned ones,

      Anyone can tells me these saying of the blessed one is from which nikayas?

      If you don't listen to the word of the Buddha, the orginal teaching of the Buddha, however much
      effort you put into the spiritual path it is not much use. During the Buddha¡¯s time or even after
      the Buddha¡¯s time, there were ascetics who practice very hard and some of them even
      attained spiritual powers, psychic power and yet they could not become enlightened. They
      could not even get the first path, the lowest path ,the ariyan path because they have not listen
      to the right teaching of the Buddha.
      We are fortunate we live in the you can say in the Buddha¡¯s era. The era of the Buddha
      because we are able to listened to the original teaching of the Buddha. Unfortunately the
      original teaching are mixed with a lot of others teaching. So many people find it very difficult
      to separate the true dhamma from the false dhamma.

      The above text is taken from a dhamma talk by a learned venerable.