Pali phrase book?

  • Jon Fernquest
    Message 1 of 38 , Jan 24, 2008
      In a previous thread (History of the word "Aryan") Piya Tan suggests:

      "I think we should stop speaking English here, and start using Pali. After
      all this is a Pali website."

      I would like to do this, but has a spoken Pali primer ever been written?

      I once asked a former monk friend of mine how to say some simple
      phrases and even though he can read Pali very well, he wasn't able to
      produce spoken Pali. Does anyone speak Pali anymore? When did they in
      the past?

      This reminds me of a **Pali phrase book** used to help beginners
      communicate in Pali, that I found at a bookseller in Yangon, Burma
      several years ago, that was published in Sri Lanka.

      Has anyone ever seen such a thing or know where it can be obtained?

      Sincerely,
      Jon
      Message 38 of 38 , Feb 10, 2008
        Dear Piya and Yohana,

        please use English as the means of communication. Thank you.