Re: new tipitaka web page

    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 22, 2008
      Dear John and friends,

      John, I am glad that the improvements work well for you too. I like to
      note that tipitaka.net and this mailing list do not exist to please
      people. In particular, I am not good at it. ;-)

      I must say, however, that all good suggestions for improvements are
      always welcome. Suggestions for tipitaka.net may also be posted to the
      bulletin board, if you find it less appropriate for the list.

      There will still be some changes to come in the next few weeks, many
      will be background programming transparent to the user. The existing
      community space page will be "redone" to reflect its new status. And,
      starting next week, I will be working on a major upgrade of the
      Bulletin Board (to beta 0.9). Minor revisions may follow subsequently.
      I also hope to renew development of Pali Scope this year, since it has
      received so much interests from members. More will be discussed in the
      coming year plan.

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, John Kelly wrote:

      Thanks. When I first tried the new web page, not only was the Pali
      link hard to find (for me), but also it didn't seem to work. But now
      it's much clearer and works just fine. Thank you for your hard work
      and efforts to please as many people as possible.

      > for those who have had some trouble navigating beyond the homepage,
      I have just made better the major links. At the same location
      (top-left hand corner of the page), they are now more prominent, with
      colored tabs. In addition, when you move your mouse over either of the
      first two links, a drop-down menu will display links to related sections.