SV: Re: SV: [Pali] World Tipitaka Edition

  • Gunnar Gällmo
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 5, 2007
      --- Lennart Lopin <lenni_lop@...> skrev:

      > Anyway, i sent them an email and maybe i get some
      > info back. It would really
      > add to the resources of our local Buddhist temple if
      > we'd had such an
      > edition for everyone to look into (and bow in front
      > of, if good karma needs
      > be)

      Prostrations in addition to study is all right;
      prostrations instead of study is another thing. (Same
      for both in relation to Dhamma practice, of course.)

      > PS: but why present it in Sweden first??? Why not
      > Burma, Sri Lanka or
      > Singapor? :-)

      Perhaps a case of "Royalties of all countries, unite!"

      Burma, Sri Lanka and Singapore are republics; Sweden
      is a monarchy, and our royal house has old ties to
      that of Siam.

      At the time of Chulalongkorn, the independence of Siam
      depended on the balance of power between Britain and
      France, so to strengthen it he needed Western allies
      strong enough to support him, but not strong enough to
      conquer him. Germany was much to strong at the time,
      but the Scandinavian countries suited him perfectly,
      so he came here to visit his colleagues, and it seems
      he got the support he needed; and Siam never became
      formally colonized.

      Gunnar

      http://metrobloggen.se/esperanto

      kalender. Dessutom 250 MB gratis, virusscanning och antispam. Få den på: http://se.mail.yahoo.com
    • Lennart Lopin
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 5, 2007
        Just for those interested. I got a reply today (they added a list of other
        people as recipients of this email...seems that i had not been the only one
        asking that question...

        from World Tipitaka Project <worldtipitaka@...> hide
        details 10:33 am (5 hours ago) to cc

        Senaratne Off <sena@...>,
        "S. Senaratne Home" <ssena@...>,
        Supriya Boonyagate <supriya@...>,
        prasit.director@...,
        manop@...,
        Dinesh Kulatunga <dinesh@...> date Nov 5, 2007 10:33
        AM subject
        RE: World Tipitaka Edition

        Dear Patron

        Thank you for your inquiry.

        We will notify the committee and send you more information regarding how to
        make a formal request of the royal gift of the World Tipitaka Edition from
        HRH Princess Galyani Vadhana, Honorary President of the World Tipitaka
        Presentation Worldwide.

        Enclosed please find weblink to the World Tipitaka Presentation Documentary
        :

        Tipitaka Presentation to Thailand &
        Sweden<http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3315296372256042541>

        Tipitaka Presentation to Sri
        Lanka<http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6261871661285910642>

        Policy Framework for Tipitaka
        Presentation<http://www.dhammasociety.org/mds/content/view/85/36/>

        Yours
        Dhamma Society's World Tipitaka in Roman Script

        www.dhammasociety.org