Pali Day by Day G007 - The New Pali Course Part II and hello from Myanmar

  • flrobert2000
    Message 1 of 134 , Oct 13, 2007
      Dear Friends,

      Sorry for not being able to post anymore messages but as you probably
      know Myanmar is going through some difficulties nowadays. However this
      hasn't stopped me from studying Pali with my teachers. There are
      excellent scholars in Pali in that country and the knowledge, wisdom,
      kindness and serenity of my teachers amazes me every time I meet them.

      The following message is being sent from Bangkok.

      With Metta,

      Florent

      Exercise 2

      Disjoin the sandhis in the following words:

      Pañc' indriyaani = pañca + indriyaani (rule 5 p3) / Five faculties
      Sattuttamo = satta + uttamo (rule 5) / The best living being
      Suriyodayo = suriya + udayo (rule 7 p4) / rising sun
      Dhammaanussati = dhamma + anussati (rule 8 p9) / recollection of the
      Dhamma
      Atraaha.m = atra + aha.m (rule 8) Here I
      Yaan' imaani = yaani + imaani (rule 5)
      Taavad' eva = taava + eva (rule 12 p10) at that moment, instantly
      Cattaaro' me = cattaaro + ime (rule 6 p4) those four
      Taataati = taata + iti (rule 9 p9)
      Saddhiidha = saddhaa + idha (rule 8)
      Migiiva = miga + iva (rule 8) like a deer
      Handaaha.m = handa + aha.m (rule 8) now I
      Tato' ha.m = tato + aha.m (rule 6)
      Hatacakkhu' smi = hatacakkhu + asmi (rule 6) injured eye
      N' eva taavaaha.m = na + eva taava + aha.m (rule 5 & rule 8)
      Sammad' akkhaato = sammaa + akkhaato (rule 5) properly told
      Yvaaha.m = yo + aha.m (rule 11)

      Join the following words in suitable ways:

      Tattha + aha.m = tatthaaha.m (rule 8)
      Tassa + upari = tassupari (rule 5)
      Ajja + eva = ajjeva (rule 5)
      Tadaa + api = tadaapi (rule 8)
      Vasalo + iti = vasaloti (rule 6)
      Avijjaa + ogho = avijjogho (rule 5)
      Tathaa + eva = tatheva (rule 5)
      Vutti + assa = vuttyassa (rule 10)
      Du + a'ngula.m = dva'ngula.m (rule 11)
      Atha kho + eta.m = atha khveta.m (rule 11)
      Taani + aha.m = taaniha.m (rule 6)
      Na + udeti = anudeti (rule ??)
      Muu.lho + asi = muu.lhaasi (rule 8)
      Message 134 of 134 , Feb 23, 2010
        Dear friends,

        below is the link to NPC2 study guide, if you are looking for it.

        http://www.tipitaka.net/palicourseguide2.pdf