Re: original relic 2

  • joseph
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 12, 2007
      Hello friends.
      I wanted to share an incredible experience connected with Dhatuu.

      Wat Sanghathan, Nonthaburi, just north of Bangkok, had a prominent
      exhibition of relics of some of the well known Tthai forest ajhans.

      year 2000 I, a novice, stayed there in a hall, next to a more modest
      display of relics and remains of a deceised monk.
      the dhatuu, intressting colored stones, gem-like, kept apearing and
      sisappearing, morning there would have been a few, of a certain
      color,
      a certain shape, afternoon, there was a different set althougether.

      as I was not versed in the tradition I thought there is some trick,
      so I tried to find out, but no, no one touched, moved the relics or
      done anything in a way of intervention.
      it was such an incredibly display of a miracle that should be
      remembered and the memory shared.

      make yourself an island, be a lamp unto yourself...

      Jothiko Bhikkhu