SV: [Pali] Fwd: Faye stands with the Burmese people!

  • Gunnar Gällmo
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2007
      --- Zhaojie <fietaiyi@...> skrev:

      > Dear Friends:
      > Please sign the petitian to
      > release suffering of Burmese people.
      > Peace
      > Faye

      I did so a week ago, and I hope more of us will do so.

      aha"m nago'va sa"ngaame
      caapato patita"m sara"m
      ativaaakya"m titikkhissa"m
      dussilo hi bahujjano

      Gunnar

      http://metrobloggen.se/esperanto

      Går det långsamt? Skaffa dig en snabbare bredbandsuppkoppling.
      Sök och jämför hos Yahoo! Shopping.
      http://shopping.yahoo.se/c-100015813-bredband.html?partnerId=96914325
    • Gunnar Gällmo
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2007
        --- Ong Yong Peng <pali.smith@...> skrev:

        > Many Theravada monks, nuns and laity have been
        > trained in Burmese
        > meditation techniques, most notably the styles of
        > Pha Auk Sayadaw,
        > Mahasi Sayadaw and S. N. Goenka.

        Actually, Burma kept the tradition of samatha and
        vipassana alive when it was more or less forgotten in
        Ceylon, and without the reciprocal contacts between
        those two countries, I don't know if Theravada
        Buddhism would have survived until today.

        > Two of the six known Buddhist Councils were held in
        > Myanmar. The Fifth
        > Council was held in Mandalay, and the Sixth Council
        > in Yangon (Rangoon).

        My first Buddhist teacher - Sister Amita Nisatta - was
        Swedish born, but studied in Burma before the coup
        d'état in 1962. I myself got an opportunity to make a
        short visit to Rangoon in January 1980, so part of my
        heart is still there; it's a country not easy to
        forget.

        I think the important thing now is to try to keep the
        information flow open. That seems to be what's new
        this time - a "holy alliance" between bhikkhus and
        hackers...

        Gunnar

        http://metrobloggen.se/esperanto

        Sök efter kärleken!