Fwd: Faye stands with the Burmese people!

  • Zhaojie
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2007
      Dear Friends:
      Please sign the petitian to release suffering of Burmese people.
      Peace
      Faye

      Subject: stand with the Burmese people!

      Hi, have you heard about the crisis in Burma?

      Burma is ruled by one of the worst military dictatorships in the world. This week Buddhist monks and nuns began marching and chanting prayers to call for democracy. The protests spread and hundreds of thousands of Burmese people joined in -- they've been brutally attacked by the military regime, but still the protests are spreading.

      I just signed a petition calling on Burma's powerful ally China and the UN security council to step in and pressure Burma's rulers to stop the killing. The petition has exploded to over 200,000 signatures in a few days and is being advertised in newspapers around the world, delivered to the UN secretary general, and broadcast to the Burmese people by radio. We're trying to get to 1 million signatures this week, please sign below and tell everyone!

      http://www.avaaz.org/en/stand_with_burma/tf.php?cl_tf_sign=1

      Thank you for your help!

      with Metta
      Faye

      Friendship is the Greatest ... Let there be Calm Free Bliss !!!

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2007

        as we watch with sunken hearts the brutality faced by the Burmese
        monks and people, let us express our solidarity with Myanmar for
        democracy and freedom. At the same time, let us also remember the
        contributions our Burmese friends-in-dhamma have made to the
        international Buddhist community.

        Many Theravada monks, nuns and laity have been trained in Burmese
        meditation techniques, most notably the styles of Pha Auk Sayadaw,
        Mahasi Sayadaw and S. N. Goenka.

        Two of the six known Buddhist Councils were held in Myanmar. The Fifth
        Council was held in Mandalay, and the Sixth Council in Yangon (Rangoon).

        Everyone is welcome to add to the list.

        May the blessings of the triple-gem be with the Burmese people.

      • Gunnar Gällmo
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 5, 2007
          --- Zhaojie <fietaiyi@...> skrev:

          > Dear Friends:
          > Please sign the petitian to
          > release suffering of Burmese people.
          > Peace
          > Faye

          I did so a week ago, and I hope more of us will do so.

          aha"m nago'va sa"ngaame
          caapato patita"m sara"m
          ativaaakya"m titikkhissa"m
          dussilo hi bahujjano

          Gunnar

          http://metrobloggen.se/esperanto

          Går det långsamt? Skaffa dig en snabbare bredbandsuppkoppling.
          Sök och jämför hos Yahoo! Shopping.
          http://shopping.yahoo.se/c-100015813-bredband.html?partnerId=96914325
        • Gunnar Gällmo
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 5, 2007
            --- Ong Yong Peng <pali.smith@...> skrev:

            > Many Theravada monks, nuns and laity have been
            > trained in Burmese
            > meditation techniques, most notably the styles of
            > Pha Auk Sayadaw,
            > Mahasi Sayadaw and S. N. Goenka.

            Actually, Burma kept the tradition of samatha and
            vipassana alive when it was more or less forgotten in
            Ceylon, and without the reciprocal contacts between
            those two countries, I don't know if Theravada
            Buddhism would have survived until today.

            > Two of the six known Buddhist Councils were held in
            > Myanmar. The Fifth
            > Council was held in Mandalay, and the Sixth Council
            > in Yangon (Rangoon).

            My first Buddhist teacher - Sister Amita Nisatta - was
            Swedish born, but studied in Burma before the coup
            d'état in 1962. I myself got an opportunity to make a
            short visit to Rangoon in January 1980, so part of my
            heart is still there; it's a country not easy to
            forget.

            I think the important thing now is to try to keep the
            information flow open. That seems to be what's new
            this time - a "holy alliance" between bhikkhus and
            hackers...

            Gunnar

            http://metrobloggen.se/esperanto

            Sök efter kärleken!