Re: SV: [Pali] Request

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 19 2:38 PM
      Dear John and mandel1luke,

      I dun have any problem with that. It is a good idea to send in
      installments.

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, John Kelly wrote:

      I was involved in the translation mentioned below (Kelly, Sawyer, and
      Yareham) and when we did this as a group project at the University of
      Queensland, under the guidance of the late Primoz Pecenko, we created
      our translation with a complete grammatical analysis of every word in
      the entire sutta. If the group is interested and our moderator
      approves I can send this in instalments as messages to the list.
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 19 11:09 PM
        Dear Yong Peng and John,
        That is very kind. It is a beautiful sutta and good to read the Pali.
        Thanks.
        Nina.
        Op 19-sep-2007, om 23:38 heeft Ong Yong Peng het volgende geschreven:

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 22 6:28 AM
          Dear Nina and John,

          thanks to both of you. I can see John has already started posting on
          the Sigalovada Sutta. I already had a quick look of the version at
          Accesstoinsight.org, and I am interested to understand the selection
          of certain terms, such as "drinking buddies", "sleeping late",
          "meaninglessness".

          Please also be reminded about our next AN translation exercise on
          November 17 (the final piece for the year).

          That is very kind. It is a beautiful sutta and good to read the Pali.