RE : Re: SV: [Pali] Request

  • Nicki Karu
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 19, 2007
      Dear John,

      I'm interested too. If the moderator does not approve, would you please send it to me directly?

      Are there such translations with complete grammatical analysis of paraabhava sutta , vasala sutta ?

      with metta,
      Nicki.

      John Kelly <palistudent@...> a écrit : I was involved in the translation mentioned below (Kelly, Sawyer, and
      Yareham) and when we did this as a group project at the University of
      Queensland, under the guidance of the late Primoz Pecenko, we created
      our translation with a complete grammatical analysis of every word in
      the entire sutta. If the group is interested and our moderator
      approves I can send this in instalments as messages to the list.

      Metta,
      John

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 19, 2007
          Dear Yong Peng and John,
          That is very kind. It is a beautiful sutta and good to read the Pali.
          Thanks.
          Nina.
          Op 19-sep-2007, om 23:38 heeft Ong Yong Peng het volgende geschreven:

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 22, 2007
            Dear Nina and John,

            thanks to both of you. I can see John has already started posting on
            the Sigalovada Sutta. I already had a quick look of the version at
            Accesstoinsight.org, and I am interested to understand the selection
            of certain terms, such as "drinking buddies", "sleeping late",
            "meaninglessness".

            Please also be reminded about our next AN translation exercise on
            November 17 (the final piece for the year).

            That is very kind. It is a beautiful sutta and good to read the Pali.