Pls explain

  • mandel1luke
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 13, 2007
      Did the Buddha ever say "mind is not self"?

      mano anattaa - dhammaa anattaa ti?
    • Bhikkhu Pesala
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 14, 2007
        He said in Dhammapada v279:

        "Sabbe dhammaa anattaa"ti, yadaa paññaaya passati.
        Atha nibbindati dukkhe, esa maggo visuddhiyaa.

        Dhammaa is an all inclusive term — all things both conditioned and
        unconditioned are not-self.

        --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, "mandel1luke" <mandel1luke@...> wrote:

        > Did the Buddha ever say "mind is not self"?
        >
        > mano anattaa - dhammaa anattaa ti?

      • DC Wijeratna
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 20, 2007
          Dear Mandel,

          Have you received a satisfactory answer to your question re anattaa?
          If not, I'll make my contribution.

          With mettaa,

          D. G. D. C. Wijeratna