Re: Sort Word List by Pali Order

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 12, 2007
      Bhante,

      it is a commendable effort by Ven. Yuttadhammo. However, the code is
      actually in Javascript, not PHP. I did not really test it but had a
      look at the script. I think it is not efficient to perform sorting
      this way, but it is a quick and easy way to sort short lists.

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:

      Phra Yuttadhammo has written a php script to sort a word list by Pali
      alphabetical order.

      http://pali.sirimangalo.org/paliorder.html
      http://forum.sirimangalo.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5
    • Bhikkhu Pesala
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 12, 2007
        I think I posted the wrong link. That was a first attempt:

        Phra Yuttadhammo said that this was a php script based on the javascript:

        http://pali.sirimangalo.org/paliorder2.html

        I found that it worked fast enough with a word list of the entire
        Dhammapada. It stripped out duplicates and sorted it. Phra Yuttadhammo is
        improving the code to cater for Uppercase.