Pali Day by Day G000 - The New Pali Course Part II

    Message 1 of 134 , Aug 21, 2007

      I am happy to announce the return of the Pali Day by Day series, after
      a break for six months. However, this would be the last series we have
      planned for. The good news is the successful completion of the seven
      series (A to G) means that we have gone through six Pali texts since
      2001. In the future, new series can still be planned for, as we add
      more books to our study. Also, we are still yet to complete Warder's book.

      Florent wrote to me last week that he had returned to Myanmar after a
      visit to France. He is still having problems with Internet connection
      and connection speed, but can manage posting for this series.

      Series G will be based on the exercises from Ven. Buddhadatta's The
      New Pali Course Part II. Florent have completed Part I earlier this
      year under series E
      (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Pali/message/10993). There is a Part
      III for this course, but I doubt there is any exercises to do.

      For this series, Florent and I will split the work, with Florent
      translating the Pali terms and sentences and myself working on the
      English ones. So, we will take turn to post the solutions, starting
      with Exercise 1 by Florent next week.

      The whole series is planned to be completed in 55 weeks, slightly over
      a year. I think the pace is just right for most people in the group.

      I hope everyone will take this opportunity to learn or revise Pali,
      and enjoy the forthcoming discussions.

      Thank you.

      Message 134 of 134 , Feb 23, 2010

        below is the link to NPC2 study guide, if you are looking for it.

        http://www.tipitaka.net/palicourseguide2.pdf